- redirect rivers to remove stagnant water
- keep people who have malaria under protective sheeting
- don't give blood
- if you get malaria, stay away from others so as not to give them the chance of contracting disease
- once bitten, cover yourself up and seek medical advice
- keep a medical worker close
- don't panic if a fly enters the house
- do not leave lights on in the evenings
- eat healthy well cooked food
- do not share with an infected person anything that might have contaminated blood in it
- take precautions when you going abroad
- cover up
- do not leave the contaminated island for fear of spreading the disease
Part of a plant cell: the vacuhole
Plant cell walls must be strong to help them stand up.
I think that water is more important (as an environment to amphibians) as they were made to go in the water.
The sunflower will grow taller. When it does this it will turn the way the sun is in the sky. One day it could be right then turn left.
Disinfectant has no effect on sewage treatment
- because the sewers are too strong
- because many millions of microorganisms will not die quickly
- because disinfectant could bring bacteria into the sewage works.
We need to calculate the number of bacteria in the small sample and then work out how many were in the lager measure
We can count the bacteria by putting them on a microscope lens
I would multiply the number of bacteria for around 1/10 ml so it converts the water to the actual sample
Advantages of steam sterilisation:
- steam will just evaporate
- steam can be washed away
In November the sewage effluent was high
Veins are situated all round the body but arteries are only in the top half.
In today's lesson we saw a flower of an African vile plant (African violet, actually)
The milk then separates into a solid part called kurd and a part that remains liquid.
An enzyme can be used to evade stomach upsets in tablet form.
A herbivore is something that only heats plants.
If there was no sun, there would be no green plans so there would be no animals.
Even more stuff